Hydrogen peroxide is a versatile compound that can be used as an oxidizing agent, a disinfectant, an antimicrobial agent, a bleaching agent, and more. It is also commonly added to drinking water for disinfection purposes and to remove pollutants.
While New Millennium Concepts, Ltd. has not conducted specific testing for hydrogen peroxide, our expectation is that hydrogen peroxide will not have any adverse effects on our water filters for the following reasons:
- Hydrogen peroxide (H2O2) is composed of hydrogen, and oxygen.
- Hydrogen peroxide can easily break down into water and oxygen.
- When hydrogen peroxide is present in water, contaminants such as pollutants accelerate the breakdown of hydrogen peroxide into water and oxygen.
- In the water treatment industry, carbon is the most common filter medium used to break down hydrogen peroxide, and residual peroxide.
- Our water filters utilize high-grade carbon based media as one part of our proprietary formulation.
As carbon is the most common media used for the breakdown of hydrogen peroxide to oxygen and water, we expect that hydrogen peroxide will not have any adverse effects on our water filters.